When it comes to choosing a facility management software for your team, a great place to start is by creating a pros and cons list for each solution you evaluate. Not all software is created equal, and you know your team’s needs best. A simple pros and cons list can help you improve your understanding of each option and approach your decision more objectively without having to rely on your "gut feeling" about the software or the price alone.
AkitaBox’s facility management software and suite of innovative products have helped thousands of users solve even the most complex building management challenges since 2015. However, we do recognize that there’s no one-size-fits-all option when it comes to facility software. AkitaBox has a lot of great things to offer our customers, but in the spirit of transparency, let’s take a look at a few “downsides” of the software:
1. AkitaBox is currently accessed through the web.
In today’s digital era, mobile applications have become incredibly popular among smartphone users as a way to quickly access information from anywhere, at any time. While the AkitaBox platform is accessible on any smartphone, iPad, or desktop computer, the only feature that can currently be done while offline is data capture. This means that to complete work orders, your device will need to be connected to the Internet in order for you to access service requests and work orders in the field.
- Add this “Pro” to Your List: While an Internet connection is required to use AkitaBox to its fullest, we’ve taken the steps to make sure that your experience is fast and efficient whether you’re in your office or walking your buildings. Our platform is highly optimized for tablets with visual, location-based asset mapping to enable your team members to respond to service requests and work orders faster.
2. Managing inventory in AkitaBox is currently a manual process.
At AkitaBox, we know how important it is for facilities teams to have a robust work order management system and preventive maintenance program builder. AkitaBox customers often rave about the simplicity of the software and how easy it is for them to use it on a daily basis. The visual nature of the software provides a digital mirror of their physical buildings, allowing them to find information faster. While the user-friendliness of the software makes daily activities easier, one feature it doesn't have is automated inventory management.
- Add this “Pro” to Your List: We understand that no software is going to be a perfect fit and have every feature you need. This is why AkitaBox is built to offer maximum flexibility, allowing customers to customize their solution. From custom pin types and pin data fields to adjustable preventive maintenance schedules, you can tailor AkitaBox to meet your needs. This same principle works for inventory, where AkitaBox customers are tracking part type and usage in their assets and work order descriptions.
"LET'S BE REAL...THERE IS ALWAYS SOME NUANCE OF YOUR ORGANIZATION THAT MORE GENERALIZED SOFTWARE COMPANIES DO NOT UNDERSTAND. THE ABILITY TO MELD AKITABOX TO MATCH YOUR ORGANIZATION'S SPECIFIC NEEDS IS UNPARALLELED."
Matthew Kautzky, Facility Director, Blackhawk Church
3. AkitaBox uses a different pricing structure than competitors.
As you conduct research on facility software, you’ll notice that many CMMS options base their pricing on a per-user basis. While this is an optimal option for small organizations with small facilities teams, this approach can become incredibly expensive for mid- to large-sized organizations. To accommodate teams of all sizes, AkitaBox charges based on your building’s square footage. This pricing model means that you’ll never have to worry about limiting your number of licenses or fully utilizing the software you paid for. However, our pricing structure may appear to be a lot higher than other options at first glance. If your team is looking for a maintenance management system only, AkitaBox may not be the right fit.
- Add this “Pro” to Your List: For organizations that need a more well-rounded software option, AkitaBox delivers a greater value than a simple maintenance management system. From visual asset management to inspections and capital management, no other facility software on the market offers quite as many tools as AkitaBox to empower your team to be successful.
What Questions Can We Answer?
At AkitaBox, we love our customers and the questions they ask. In fact, we have an entire Customer Success team to make sure you’re comfortable using the software and get the most out of your investment. All AkitaBox customers gain access to our resources library, which features dozens of useful articles and resources to help you use AkitaBox to its full potential.
Do you have questions about AkitaBox?
We’d love to make your researching journey easier. Leave a comment below and we will get you the answers you need. You may also find it helpful to download our Comparison Guide below or head to our Capterra page to see what AkitaBox customers have to say about the software.