When looking to save money, many facilities departments will focus on finding the least expensive options they can, believing this is the best way to boost their budget. However, cheaper doesn’t always mean a better value, especially when it comes to making investments that will help your building look and operate at its best for years to come.
While everyone loves saving a buck, there are just some areas where we shouldn’t skimp — and your building management software is one of them! Here are four reasons why investing dollars into a facility management software like AkitaBox will greatly benefit your team in the long run.
4 Important Things to Know about AkitaBox Cost vs. Value
1. AkitaBox pricing is based on your building’s square footage, not per software user.
If you’re reading this article, you’ve probably begun your journey researching facility management software options for your department. You’ve also probably noticed that many computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) on the market today base their pricing on a per-user basis.
While per-user pricing may be optimal for small organizations with small facilities teams, this approach can become incredibly expensive for mid- to large-sized organizations. The bigger your organization, the more people need access to your software, so why pay for more users if you don’t have to?
At AkitaBox, we do things a little differently. Not only do we offer unlimited users, we also charge based on your building’s square footage. This pricing model means that you’ll never have to worry about limiting your number of licenses or fully utilizing the software you paid for.
You’ll also never have to worry about sharing passwords or accounts between multiple users. This is a great way to decrease unnecessary risk and complexity in your department and get staff back to where they need to be: in the field!
2. AkitaBox can be utilized by numerous departments, not just facilities.
It may come as a surprise that a facility management software could ever be used by anyone other than maintenance and facilities workers, but it can! The right software should be useful to a variety of stakeholders, both inside and outside your organization. This ultimately makes your investment more worthwhile.
AkitaBox’s facility management software platform (and the data collected within it) is crucial to a variety of users, from maintenance teams to safety officers, portfolio managers, finance teams, and even emergency personnel. While a typical CMMS only focuses on work orders and maintenance-related use cases, AkitaBox offers this and more by allowing anyone and everyone with an AkitaBox log-in to access facility data when they need it most.
AkitaBox’s pricing model is specifically designed to help enable collaboration among not only facilities staff, but also among various departments in your organization. AkitaBox is also robust and powerful enough to help your department solve facilities-related problems of all sizes, from the creation of a preventative maintenance program all the way to facility management capital planning.
3. AkitaBox is powerful enough to help teams tackle building management projects and tasks of any size.
The price of your facility management software shouldn’t get in the way of helping your team perform at its best. While price is certainly an important aspect to consider, it’s also important to look at the overall value that a facility management software will bring your team. For example, the right software should hold your team accountable, help you visualize team performance, provide instant access to asset information in the field, and even improve your return on investment (ROI).
Remember, your facility management software investment is only good if your users actually take advantage of it. AkitaBox makes user adoption easy! Our software platform is powerful, yet simple to learn for users of all technical levels. We’ll make sure you succeed along the way by listening to your goals, collecting your facility data, delivering dedicated software training, and providing award-winning customer support and an online learning center for continued education.
4. AkitaBox has the features and functionality you need to get the job done.
AkitaBox is more than your run-of-the-mill facility management software solution. We are a team of professionals that’s here to help your organization meet its most ambitious goals and achieve great things.
Since 2015, we’ve worked tirelessly to bring you cutting-edge solutions that help organizations accomplish challenges they may have never thought possible. The solutions we offer have already helped hundreds of teams take their facilities to new heights, including the following:
- Knowing what space you have and what assets reside in your buildings is essential to managing your facilities efficiently. Through data collection process and direct integration with AutoDesk Revit®, we generate new accurate floor plans in a BIM file format. These interactive floor plans are then layered with asset pins, providing instant access to vital equipment information such as O&M manuals, work order history, and more.
- AkitaBox DeepClean Assurance provides a shareable assurance certificate to put your occupants’ and tenants' minds at ease, especially in a COVID-19 era. Checklists driven by CDC and EPA standards provide clear instructions on disinfection practices to maintain healthy and safe facilities.
- Leveraging our visual platform, AkitaBox Inspections helps teams complete required inspection rounds faster, even in complex buildings. Our powerful form builder and simple user interface make it easy to build programs that meet any regulatory requirement, from The Joint Commission to OSHA. With dedicated inspection programs, you can quickly monitor inspection progress across your entire portfolio, or drill down into specific buildings, compliance codes, or programs for more transparency.
- Ditch your old, static FCA reports and utilize real-time condition and risk data for more accurate capital planning. Save current equipment conditions to provide more reliable life-cycle projections, allowing you to defer maintenance with more confidence. AkitaBox’s unique integration with Gordian's RSMeans data automates suggested upcoming tasks, helping you avoid financial surprises and lower the risk to your organization.
Looking to Learn More about AkitaBox Pricing?
At AkitaBox, we are revolutionizing building operations and facility management by empowering our customers with fast, accurate and actionable data. Our robust, visual platform helps drive performance across hundreds of organizations in higher education, healthcare, commercial real estate, government, and manufacturing industries.
If you’re looking to learn more about AkitaBox pricing and value propositions, you’ve come to the right place. Our Pricing Guide has the information you need to learn more about how our pricing model works, as well as how we compare with other providers.